Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sweet Second Born Son

N's still awake tonight, 1 hour and 15 minutes after I put him to bed. He's been having a hard time falling asleep lately - probably time to drop napping.

What surprises me, is that I never get upset when N sneaks out of his room. He's just so sweet about it - never naughty or defiant - just a quiet little creep up the stairway and a whisper, "Mom, I need you, . . . my music stopped." or "Mom, I can't find my Larry Boy."

I just tucked him in, one more time, and started his CD, again, and when I came back upstairs I decided I would finally follow through on recording something I've been meaning to get written down for a long time. It's just too sweet to forget.

N has been praying the same prayer for just over 6 months now. It has become so familiar that the words have become kind of mumbled together, and it almost has a tune the way he says it exactly the same way everytime. I've tried to encourage him to make some changes, but even after a day or two of something different, he always comes back to the same sweet prayer . . .
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for giving me strength.
Please help Cole to get better.
Thank you for saying it's a good time for Sylvia to come out of Jennifer's tummy.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Amen.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Dear Noah,

Thanks for being such a strong boy. When we are feeling down, your smiles always make us feel better. Thanks for coming out of your mommy's tummy at just the right time!

We love you!

M, S, T and Z

Anonymous said...

I am laughing OUT LOUD!!! Oh, Noah, yes, timing is important. Jennifer would have been quite miserable!!! He is such a sweetie-almost 4 - you have good days ahead. Love to all of you. Mom

Amelia said...

I can't believe how fast he, and not only he but E and A too, are growing up!!! Thank you Jesus for giving me my niece and my nephews, my big brother and his beautiful, awesome wife! I've quite many times thought about what they'll be like in my age and older... What an adventure your family has before you. Woow.. :) I'm so looking forward to visit you this summer! I'm missing talking to you about stuff :)

By the way, the blog looks very nice, nice work Carrie!

Love you all!!

Kari, RN said...

What a great prayer! When we were visiting you a few weeks ago, it was sweet to see him slyly come up the stairs after bedtime. Such a great kid!

Anonymous said...

Thank You Carrie for sharing this with us.
I love You all
EvaS

rdljnrisbrudt.blogspot.com said...

Little N....you make me smile when I see yours! What a little prayer warrier.

Brent and Jennifer Rogness said...

I love you strong Noah! Thank you for praying for Sylvie and me! God loves to hear your prayers and I am thankful that you are a prayer warrior at 4 years old!